- Wine < 17.259%: $2.25/gal
- Wine ≥ 17.259%: $3.00/gal
- Sparkling Wine: $3.50/gal
Limits per Winery
- Excise Tax:Monthly by the 10th
- Direct Shipment:Monthly by the 10th
- Record Retention:At least 3 years
- Wine may not be shipped in a container larger than 1 gallon.
Effective February 16, 2006, wineries may legally ship wine to consumers in Florida. A permit is not required and there are no quantity limits.
- There are 3 dry counties in Florida where direct wine shipments are prohibited.
- A container may not exceed 1 gallon.
- Once a winery ships to a FL consumer they are obligated to file a monthly report and remit excise taxes on direct wine shipments.
- Sales/Use taxes are to be reported and paid by the consumer.
- Wine Institute recommends that wineries enclose a copy of the sales tax form in their shipments to consumers
- Adult signature requirements such as those used in the FedEx and UPS wine shipping programs must be adhered to for all shipments.
State-by-State COVID-19 Guidance for ABC LicenseesApril 15, 2020
To assist with winery sales and business operations, Wine Institute’s State Relations Team has compiled a listing of guidance for State ABC licensees in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The new resource page is updated continuously as new information is released and changes impacting the sale and regulation of wine are implemented. Many of the … Read More ⟶
2601 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1027
Phone: (850) 487-1395
Fax: (850) 922-5175