Governor John Lynch signed HB 1352, An Act relative to direct shippers (Chapter 300) on July 13, 2010. The changes become effective on January 1, 2011.
The new law:
• Improves the quality of monthly reporting by requiring that only direct shipper licensees who ship wine or liquor in a given month file a report. It also specifies the minimum information required in the monthly reports thereby insuring that the state receives the information it needs to compel proper enforcement.
• Increases the limit on the amount of wine shipped to a New Hampshire consumer to 12-9 liter cases per year.
• Requires the Commission to approve any shipments to retail licensees.
• Establishes a $100 licensing fee for wineries. (All others – $500)
• Requires the commission to provide written notification to licensed common carriers regarding unauthorized shippers.