- Required: Yes
- Fee: $200
- Expiration:2 yrs from issue date
- Tax on Shipping:Yes
- Required: Yes
- Wine ≤ 14%: $.06605/liters
- Wine >14% – 21%: $.1189/liters
Limits per Winery
- 12 cases per person per year
- Sales Tax: Annually by Jan 31st
- Excise Tax: Quarterly by the 15th
- Direct Shipment: Quarterly by the 15th
- Record Retention: At least 4 years
Beginning October 1, 2008, wineries are required to have a valid Wine Direct Shipper permit in order to ship to consumers in Wisconsin. Permit holders may ship up to 12 cases to a WI consumer annually. The permit fee is $100 each year and follows a two year renewal schedule. Additionally, there is a $20 Business Tax Registration (BTR) fee and a minimum bond of $1000 is required. Direct Shippers must register to pay sales and excise taxes.
- Direct Shipment Reports must include the birthdate of the purchaser and the person receiving the wine.
- Containers of wine shipped to an individual in this state shall be clearly labeled to indicate that the package may not be delivered to an underage person or to an intoxicated person.
State-by-State COVID-19 Guidance for ABC LicenseesApril 15, 2020
To assist with winery sales and business operations, Wine Institute’s State Relations Team has compiled a listing of guidance for State ABC licensees in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The new resource page is updated continuously as new information is released and changes impacting the sale and regulation of wine are implemented. Many of the … Read More ⟶
Mail Stop 6-107
PO Box 8900
Madison, WI 53708
Phone: (608) 266-6701