- Expiration:1 yr from issue date
- Wine: $.0733/liter
- Wine Development Fee: $.01/liter
Limits per Winery
- Excise Tax: Monthly by the 20th
- Record Retention: At least 3 years
- ONLY wines produced or bottled by the permittee may be sold and shipped to consumers
A winery must obtain a direct shipping permit prior to shipping on-site and off-site sales to Colorado consumers. As of July 1, 2017, the permit fee is $100 per year.
- The grace period the DOR extended to out-of-state retailers to comply with the new sales tax rules ends May 31, 2019. Wineries that have $100,000 or more of gross sales delivered in Colorado in the previous or current calendar year must collect and remit Colorado sales tax beginning June 1, 2019.
- All packages delivered to Colorado residents must be clearly and conspicuously labeled: that the contents are wine products and that the package may only be delivered to persons who are 21 years of age or older.
State-by-State COVID-19 Guidance for ABC LicenseesApril 15, 2020
To assist with winery sales and business operations, Wine Institute’s State Relations Team has compiled a listing of guidance for State ABC licensees in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. The new resource page is updated continuously as new information is released and changes impacting the sale and regulation of wine are implemented. Many of the … Read More ⟶
Liquor & Tobacco Enforcement Division
1697 Cole Boulevard, Suite 200
Lakewood, CO 80401
Phone: (303) 205-2300
Fax: (303) 866-2428
PO Box 17087
Denver, CO 80217
Phone: (303) 238-7378