Wine Institute uses the collective strength of its nearly 1000 members to ensure the best possible environment for producing and enjoying wine. We are active in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and internationally, tracking and responding to proposed legislation and regulations, advocating for favorable market conditions, and promoting the contributions of California wineries of all sizes from across our state.
From public policy victories, such as passing a historic new tax cut for wineries in 2017 and expanding DTC shipping to 45 states and counting, to members-only savings programs, Wine Institute membership saves your business money. Wine Institute member benefits include:
- Exclusive discount shipping program with FedEx
- Personalized TTB label approval assistance
- Guidance from our legal counsel
- Access to our Wholesale Rules for Wineries website
- Marketing opportunities through our Discover California Wines website
- Discounts on your music licensing through BMI
- Access to workshops and guides on direct shipping, sustainable winegrowing, exports, marketing and more
Become a Member
If you are a licensed winegrower, or you own or lease a bonded winery or a bonded wine cellar in California and are producing or selling wine in the state, you are eligible to become a Wine Institute member.
To join, please download and complete the Membership Application and the Dues Computation Form and email the forms or any questions you have to Ian Blue, Member Relations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Members who own or lease more than one bonded winery or permit number must pay dues for each entity. Dues may be paid collectively or individually on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
Wine produced or bottled in California that derives any portion of its volume from grapes grown in California is subject to dues. Additionally, Members are allowed to use either formula for each brand or SKU (stock-keeping unit).